Heated Beehives for Sale

Buy and Sell -- Free Beekeeping Classified Ads
Jimmycanuck

Heated Beehives for Sale

Unread post by Jimmycanuck » November 17th, 2019, 6:29 am

Get a custom built heated beehive and guarantee your bees stay warm all winter long!!

These are dual chamber hives capable of holding two queens and their bee brood. So essentially two hives in one.

They are digitally controlled to the tenth of a degree and produce heat capable of maintaining temperatures at 15 degrees celsius even when it's freezing outside.

**The amazing part is they only cost approximately twenty-five cents a month to operate even when they are running non-stop for twenty-four hours a day!**

The hive bodies come in any color you choose, as we will custom paint to match your choice. ***They are built to last 40+ years long, with light to minimal maintenance as well. As they have 2" Insulated roofs, sheeted in Aluminum, and 7/8" thick walls.***

Contact us for more details and the Christmas ordering time line.

**Calculation is 2KWH x $0.125 per KWH**

***Dadant honey supers, frames, queen excluders and inner covers all fit as well***
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BadBeeKeeper
Site Admin

Re: Heated Beehives for Sale

Unread post by BadBeeKeeper » November 22nd, 2019, 2:11 am

So, what percentage of beekeepers in North America run (or want to run) dual-chamber hives?

Just not seeing much of a market here...

Allen Dick
Site Admin

Unread post by Allen Dick » November 22nd, 2019, 7:21 am

I can see some possibilities here, but without more detailed documentation, I think it is hard to evaluate the product.
Allen Dick, RR#1 Swalwell, Alberta, Canada T0M 1Y0
51° 33'39.64"N 113°18'52.45"W
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/Allen%27s%20Beehives.kmz
Forum owner/janitor
---
Customise your experience at Honeybeeworld Forum at your User control Panel
Change the appearance and layout with your Board Preferences
Please upload your own avatar picture at Edit Avatar. It's easy!
Return to main diary page

BDT123
Forum Regular

Unread post by BDT123 » December 2nd, 2019, 3:20 pm

My thoughts are along the lines of warm bees eating all their stores way before Spring. I need them to stay clustered as long as possible, preferably April.
Interior temperature +10, outside ambient at -25C, recipe for Winter defecation nightmare.
The big Prairie operators maintain their over-Winter sheds at about 4-5C; better clustering and stores preservation. They also use total darkness.
I’m unconvinced of viability of this on the Prairies.
As an aside, isn’t the ‘conventional wisdom’ that cold doesn’t kill bees, moisture does? Just askin’.
Brian

Allen Dick
Site Admin

Unread post by Allen Dick » December 3rd, 2019, 8:28 am

Right. 15C is too warm for fall and winter and could cause issues. I'm assuming the temperature can be controlled and can be set at around freezing until spring. Even then, excess flying before forage is available dwindles hives and annoys neighbours as bees poke into everything looking for anything to take home.

That said, supplementary heat that cuts in below freezing can be beneficial for small colonies. Large ones don't need it.
Allen Dick, RR#1 Swalwell, Alberta, Canada T0M 1Y0
51° 33'39.64"N 113°18'52.45"W
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/Allen%27s%20Beehives.kmz
Forum owner/janitor
---
Customise your experience at Honeybeeworld Forum at your User control Panel
Change the appearance and layout with your Board Preferences
Please upload your own avatar picture at Edit Avatar. It's easy!
Return to main diary page