Crying Wolf

General Discussion of Diary Posts and Questions on Beekeeping Matters
Countryboy
Forum Regular

Crying Wolf

Unread post by Countryboy »

I wanted to add something to your diary comments about Covid.

I think politicians and talking heads have forgotten the story of the boy who cried wolf.

When Covid first appeared on the public scene, they cried wolf and scared everyone. In hindsight, Covid appears nowhere near as bad as originally anticipated. Who knows if they were right or wrong in originally locking things down based upon the info they had. But they did it and cried wolf. And they have continued to cry wolf. Maybe now, the cries of wolf are real. But nobody cares because they have cried wolf too many times before.

I'm in Ohio. A couple months ago, Ohio's Governor DeWine was crying about how if we did not wear masks and do curfews and all these new restrictions, we would be like Florida and be seeing 10,000 new cases a day. Guess what? We are now regularly seeing 10,000 new cases a day, and that is after we imposed restrictions and have a mask mandate and a curfew, etc.

People aren't that stupid. It sure appears to us that these things didn't make a difference. So why are we bothering with masks and economic disruptions that are just a PITA for everyone?

In regards to racism, I think we have to first define what racism is. Is it the belief that one race is superior to another race? That's the old definition. Or is the new definition belief that there are racial differences? If we go by the second definition, racism is not going to end anytime soon, because there are very real differences in races.

The US military were the pioneers in IQ testing around WWI. They realized geniuses are much better suited as officers than as cannon fodder in the trenches. They also found that there are people whose IQ is too low (83 - roughly comparable to normal 13 year old kid) that they can't be trained to even be cannon fodder. (Forrest Gump was about McNamara's experiment to accept lower IQ idiots, which proved to be a disaster. They got killed at a much higher rate in Vietnam, and actually posed a bigger threat to forces by friendly fire than the VC.) Researchers have also found that anyone with an IQ below 90 has difficulty comprehending things adequately to follow written instructions very good.

I think the military has done great things in getting people to accept people of different colors as equals, because people in the military see the competence in their different colored counterparts. People of other colors are very similar to them.

What people in the military don't see is the 83 IQ cutoff for acceptance. The average IQ of African American blacks is 85. Only 15% of whites have an IQ below 85. Whites in the military see blacks as being very similar mentally to them, but what they don't see is that they are only exposed to the top half (in intelligence) of American blacks as a whole.

I think American factories heavily PROMOTE racism with their policies of diversity. Why? Because the mental differences between races becomes very apparent. Where I am in Ohio, we have a TON of African immigrants (average IQ 70 - roughly comparable to a 9 or 10 year old kid) who will get jobs as temp-to-hire workers in factories. I have seen conveyor lines with light sensors to detect where boxes are on a line. If someone bumps the box, and the red light no longer sees the box, the line stops. You can show them until you are blue in the face that the red dot must be on the box or the line will not proceed. You can have a translator tell them. They just don't get it. When a line stops, workers are supposed to yell for a line lead or supervisor, to alert them of the problem. The Africans will stand there like a bump on a log, not noticing that the line is not moving. I have seen Africans lean on the line, and place their hand over the light sensor. The line stops. They will say nothing when the light stops, and will still be leaning on the line with their hand covering the light sensor. 15 minutes later, the line will stop again because they covered up the sensor and were too stupid to realize it stopped the line.

People with higher IQ on the line (or line leads, maintenance guys, supervisors, etc) quickly get frustrated and resentment builds towards the people who are unable to learn simple things. When they see the same racial demographic causing the same issues all the time, it creates stereotypes and promotes racism. Higher IQ workers quickly develop the attitude - I don't want to work with these idiots (ie, specific racial group), because they make my job more difficult. My life would be easier if they were not here.

Researchers say that people do not enjoy being around someone else who has an IQ point difference either 20 above or below their own. As long as large disparities in IQ exist between races, it is going to be difficult to get rid of racism.

Ashkenazi Jews have an average IQ of about 115, and are especially gifted in areas like literature or finance. We see a lot of Jewish authors and bankers.
Asians have an average IQ of about 105, and are especially gifted towards engineering. We see a lot of Asian engineers.
European descent whites have an average IQ of around 100.
Mexicans are about 89.
African American average IQ is 85.
Sub-Saharan African average IQ is about 70.

Knowing that if your IQ is below 90, you will have a difficult time reading written instructions, and if your IQ is below 83, there is no job in the military that you can be trained to do (even laundry, cook, or janitor) and also knowing that individuals don't enjoy being around other people who have more than a 20 IQ point difference compared to them...how do we integrate other low IQ groups into society without the racial difference causing issues?

I believe it was Phillip Rushton's work on African IQ that also found something interesting. A 70 IQ is considered borderline mentally retarded. If you take a white person with a 70 IQ, there are usually facial or speech issues, that you can tell right away that something is not right with them mentally. If you take an African with an IQ of 70, they look and talk perfectly normal. They are very outgoing and talkative. But if you give them a small problem to solve, it is extremely difficult for them.
I have noticed that if a line stops, within seconds the Africans come to life and starts talking to others. They are usually always friendly, and seem to want to talk to everyone. (and if they do try talking to others while the line is running, they have difficulty focusing on the task at hand. Whites on the other hand, are much more able to talk to someone beside them, and still accomplish their task on the line.) With whites, if the line stops, they will usually patiently wait to see if the line restarts soon. It is only after a long delay that they may begin to start engaging in conversation with people around them.

I am friends with blacks, Hispanics, etc. who are intelligent and seem normal.
I would still probably be called racist, even though I do not believe anyone is better than someone else simply due to their skin color. I recognize that people like Floyd Mayweather Jr can be extremely talented and earn hundreds of millions of dollars, despite having major problems reading and writing. (reportedly completely illiterate.) Or LeBron James, who is talented, earns a ridiculous amount of money, although he is extremely racist and says he would never be friends with a white person. (I wonder if he realizes that it is white people who pay his paycheck, and buy tickets to his games.)
B. Farmer Honey
Central Ohio
Countryboy
Forum Regular

Re: Crying Wolf

I'm with Rodney King. "Can't we just get along?"
I doubt it. (unfortunately)

I'm friends with a black lady. She looks black to me. She identifies as black. She was raised in a black community, with black culture. Her dad was white, but you can't tell by looking at her.

Other blacks tell her that she's not black enough to understand the struggles of being black. Why? Because she advocates personal responsibility and accountability.
B. Farmer Honey
Central Ohio
Countryboy
Forum Regular

Re: Crying Wolf

His perspective is provocative today, but it is not many years since such views were mainstream. The pendulum swings...

Even if true, that knowledge is not of much practical use unless we want to revisit some really nasty times.
IMO, the question is not if there are differences between races, but what we should do about those differences, if anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Ur71ZnNVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cycon01RT18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjs2gPa5sD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoBwmdhjp9U

Credit scores are not based upon wealth, income, etc., but rather on your ability to repay debts on time, making good financial decisions, etc. So why are there differences in credit scores of racial groups?

https://shiftprocessing.com/credit-score/#race
B. Farmer Honey
Central Ohio