Urban honey vs farm honey

General Discussion of Diary Posts and Questions on Beekeeping Matters
Ian12

Urban honey vs farm honey

Unread post by Ian12 »

Hello, all!
I am a beekeeper from the village. I wanted to ask you if the honey that is produced in town really that "bad"? I found an article about honey quality. It seems to depend on environment and pollution.
www .evolving-science.com/environment-pollution/honey-can-be-used-monitor-urban-pollution-00259
Anyone beekeeper from town?
BDT123
Forum Regular

Re: Urban honey vs farm honey

Unread post by BDT123 »

So, what village or town are you in? Close to agriculture and all the Ag chemicals that go with that?
The Hives for Humanity program runs in Vancouver and there were no levels of contaminants given in the linked article. What levels of contaminants make honey 'safe' for consumption?
You should give your location in your ID; everyplace is different.
Best regards,
Brian
BadBeeKeeper
Site Admin

Unread post by BadBeeKeeper »

I read the 'article', it appears to be little more than a 'fluff' piece, poorly written and clearly outside the scope of the author's education. There is nothing useful to be gained from it and no cause for alarm. Ms. Emma Steinhouse MSc. should stick to writing about things she knows something about.
BadBeeKeeper
Site Admin

Unread post by BadBeeKeeper »

BDT123 wrote: October 13th, 2017, 3:43 pm So, what village or town are you in? Close to agriculture and all the Ag chemicals that go with that?
The Hives for Humanity program runs in Vancouver and there were no levels of contaminants given in the linked article. What levels of contaminants make honey 'safe' for consumption?
You should give your location in your ID; everyplace is different.
'He' registered from an IP addy in Crotia. I have a feeling that it was nothing more than link-spam but it was written cleverly enough that I can't be 100% sure (99.99%), so the post remains with the linkage removed. If anyone wants to read the 'article' the address can be copied and pasted.

We've been getting a fairly steady flow of spammer registrations, primarily from Ukraine, Pakistan and India and they all follow a similar user-name configuration. This one deviates slightly from the pattern, just enough to give a smidgeon of .001% doubt.
Allen Dick
Site Admin

Unread post by Allen Dick »

Thanks for doing that and explaining what we have to deal with sometimes.

We fairly regularly get one line, me too, sorts of replies from new registers and generally delete them before they're posted, as they had nothing to the discussion, but where are the post seems to address the issue at hand, even obliquely, we like to give people the benefit of the doubt if there's any question and try to monitor after.

If anyone spots anything suspicious please just flag the post and the moderators will take care of it.
Allen Dick, RR#1 Swalwell, Alberta, Canada T0M 1Y0
51° 33'39.64"N 113°18'52.45"W
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/Allen%27s%20Beehives.kmz
Forum owner/janitor
---
Customise your experience at Honeybeeworld Forum at your User control Panel
Change the appearance and layout with your Board Preferences
Please upload your own avatar picture at Edit Avatar. It's easy!
Return to main diary page