Help Your hive - application for beekeepers

General Discussion of Diary Posts and Questions on Beekeeping Matters
HoneyDuke

Help Your hive - application for beekeepers

Unread post by HoneyDuke »

Dear beekeepers, I’m in need of your advice. My team of developers is developing an application that would help professional beekeepers in their work. It would be of great help if you could read my proposal and give me feedback about it (feel free to be honest).

The application would allow beekeepers easier hive tracking in order to save time and increase honey yields. Also, our application would allow monitoring queen’s genetic), using data from those tracks. In summary, the application would include the following:

- Data tracking for every inspection (with notes)
- Monitoring queen’s genetic,
- Decision support system
- Inspections Calendar
- Mapping locations where hives are (for your purpose).

Each hive would be marked with the code, which will be scanned with your phone, and then the application would automatically open the track for the hive.

I'm looking forward to hear your opinion on this. Any suggestions would be more than welcome. I’m still in progress and due to that I can add new features easily.

If you want to get the demo version of app for free (when it's ready), leave your e-mail at this link:
Last edited by BadBeeKeeper on October 29th, 2016, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed, cannot determine authenticity of poster or link.
BadBeeKeeper
Site Admin

Re: Help Your hive - application for beekeepers

Unread post by BadBeeKeeper »

While this sounds mildly interesting (if it's for real), we are going to need more information. Posting a link that does nothing but gather e-mail addresses, with no substantiation of who you are and the legitimacy of your offering, will not be permitted.
Biermann
Forum Regular

Unread post by Biermann »

BeeKeeper Lite 2.1 is something like your proposal, just for thoughts.

I dont use it, I use a spreadsheet.

Your solution sounds interesting, but like Bad said, show us some links.

Cheers, Joerg
Countryboy
Forum Regular

Unread post by Countryboy »

I have a smoker in one hand, and a hive tool in the other. My cell phone stays in the truck. (If I have gloves on, I can't use the phone. If I don't have gloves on, I'm not going to handle a phone with propolis and honey on my hands.)
My team of developers is developing an application that would help professional beekeepers in their work.
How exactly is it going to help professional (commercial) beekeepers?
The application would allow beekeepers easier hive tracking in order to save time and increase honey yields. Also, our application would allow monitoring queen’s genetic), using data from those tracks. In summary, the application would include the following:

- Data tracking for every inspection (with notes)
- Monitoring queen’s genetic,
- Decision support system
- Inspections Calendar
- Mapping locations where hives are (for your purpose).
How is this stuff going to save time and increase honey yields?

My thoughts? Hobbyists might be interested in an app like this. They don't care about saving time or increasing honey yields, but they might be interested in being able to micromanage hives and have near worthless data available to them.

Professional beekeepers manage bees by the yard, not by the hive. They don't have time to screw around with data entry for every hive.
B. Farmer Honey
Central Ohio