Accidental Delete -- Sorry!

General Discussion of Diary Posts and Questions on Beekeeping Matters
Allen Dick
Site Admin

Accidental Delete -- Sorry!

Unread post by Allen Dick »

Occasionally. I have messages from new members to moderate and today I did so. I moderate the first several posts from any new member to prevent the kind of spam that once flooded this board.

The post was a very good and detailed one and passed with flying colors. It is the kind of post I love to see, complete with a picture. Someone worked hard on it.

After I okayed it, I noticed the entire thread was under "News", rather than "General Discussion", so I moved the whole thread, including the older posts, to "General Discussion.

phpBB has an option to leave a 'shadow thread' in the original forum and I did that, assuming that all that would be left was a pointer, not the whole thread.

I then found the complete thread was in both places, defeating my move, so, logically, I deleted the shadow, expecting then to find the thread in 'General Discussion' only, but when I looked, the thread was entirely gone from both places!

On checking, I found that there is no way to recover the thread or even the new post! phpBB is badly documented and offers occasional surprises like this.

My apologies to all and especially to the new member whose careful work was lost.

Please post again.
Allen Dick, RR#1 Swalwell, Alberta, Canada T0M 1Y0
51° 33'39.64"N 113°18'52.45"W
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/Allen%27s%20Beehives.kmz
Forum owner/janitor
---
Customise your experience at Honeybeeworld Forum at your User control Panel
Change the appearance and layout with your Board Preferences
Please upload your own avatar picture at Edit Avatar. It's easy!
Return to main diary page